Irish Surname - Cashin
Origin of the Irish surname Cashen and its variations
The surname Cashen is of Irish origin and is derived from the Gaelic "Mac Caisín," meaning "son of Caisín." The name is most commonly found in the province of Munster, particularly in County Kerry, where it originated.
Variations of the surname include Cashion, Cashin, and Cashman.
Famous people with the surname Cashen or its variations
- Maureen Cashin Bolog: An American artist known for her mixed-media work and as an acting coach
- Patrick Cashin: A photographer for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York City, known for his stunning photos of the city's transit system.
Variations of the Irish surname Cashen
- Cashion - a variation of the surname Cashen that is most commonly found in the United States. It is believed to have originated in Ireland, and was brought to America by Irish immigrants. Notable people with this surname include Thomas J. Cashion, an American politician from Maryland.
- Cashin - a variation of the surname Cashen that is most commonly found in Ireland, particularly in County Kerry. Notable people with this surname include Matt Cashin, an Irish footballer who played for several League of Ireland clubs.
- Cashman - a variation of the surname Cashen that is most commonly found in Ireland and the United States. Notable people with this surname include Shane Cashman , an Australian rules footballer who played for the Western Bulldogs in the Australian Football League.
The coat of arms and motto of the Irish surname Cashen
The coat of arms for the surname Cashen features a red shield with a gold lion rampant, symbolizing strength and courage. Above the shield is a helmet with a gold wreath and mantling, and on top of the helmet is a gold lion passant. The motto for the Cashen family is "Sapere Aude," which translates to "Dare to be wise."
There is often limited information available on a specific coat of arms and motto for an Irish surname. Sometimes there are many variations, sometimes none, we have compiled a representative, but by no means exhaustive, selection. Please visit our Coat of Arms and Motto page for more information.
DNA And Your Irish Roots
- DNA and your Irish Heritage
- DNA, Discovery and Functions
- Types of DNA tests
- DNA testing companies
- Y-chromosome and Father's Ancestral Line
- Mitochondrial DNA and Mother's Ancestral Line
- DNA and Ethnicity