Irish Surname - Deavers
Origin of the Irish Surname Deavers
The Irish surname Deavers, also spelled as Deevy, originates from the Gaelic name Ó Dubhuir, which means "descendant of Dubhuir." The name Dubhuir is derived from the words 'dubh,' meaning black, and 'odhar,' meaning sallow or tawny. The Deavers surname is primarily associated with County Kilkenny and County Waterford in Ireland.
Famous People with the Surname Deavers
- Jerry Deaver is a renowned author, known for his captivating works that blend elements of mystery, suspense, and thriller genres. His skillful storytelling and character development have attracted a wide readership, making him a popular figure in the literary world. Deaver's novels often feature intricate plots with unexpected twists and turns, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. In addition to his standalone works, he has created successful series with recurring characters that have garnered a loyal fan base. Throughout his career, Jerry Deaver has received numerous accolades and awards for his contributions to literature, solidifying his status as a respected and influential author.
- Kevin Deaver is an American law enforcement officer who has served as the Chief of Police in various cities in the United States. He has been recognized for his efforts in community policing and improving public safety.
- Nancy Deaver was an Australian actress active during the silent film era. She is known for her roles in films such as "The Devil's Partner" (1926), "Fighting Fate" (1925), and "The Mohican's Daughter" (1922). Her work in these films showcases her talent and versatility as an actress. Although not much information is available about her personal life, Nancy Deaver's contributions to the film industry during the silent era remain noteworthy..
Variations of the Irish Surname Deavers
- Deavers: The original spelling of the surname, primarily found in Ireland.
- Deevy: A variation of the surname found in some regions, particularly in County Kilkenny and County Waterford.
Coat of Arms and Motto of the Irish Surname Deavers
While there is no specific coat of arms or motto directly associated with the Deavers surname, it is possible that individual branches of the Deavers family may have developed their own coats of arms or mottos throughout history. Generally, coats of arms and mottos were specific to individual families rather than entire surnames.
There is often limited information available on a specific coat of arms and motto for an Irish surname. Sometimes there are many variations, sometimes none, we have compiled a representative, but by no means exhaustive, selection. Please visit our Coat of Arms and Motto page for more information.
DNA And Your Irish Roots
- DNA and your Irish Heritage
- DNA, Discovery and Functions
- Types of DNA tests
- DNA testing companies
- Y-chromosome and Father's Ancestral Line
- Mitochondrial DNA and Mother's Ancestral Line
- DNA and Ethnicity